At a Glance - Quick Information About DNCC DNCC Ward Councillors DNCC-Job Circular Budget At a Glance - DNCC Budget 2016-2017 Developments - All Recent Development Works Projects - All Projects Recent Events - Recent Events of DNCC Tender - Click To View Available Tender's Notice - Click To View Available Notice's
Home » Social welfare and Slum Development Department
Social welfare and Slum Development Department
Functions of Social welfare Wings
- Management of the Graveyard, Cemetery (Burial Ground) and Soshanghat.
- Maintain Community Centers.
- Promote Physical Culture and Encourage Public Games and Sports.
- Organize Eid Jamaat at National Eidgah at the Ward level.
- Celebrate the National and Special Days.
- Establish, Manage and Maintain Welfare Homes, Asylums, Orphanages, Widow Homes and other Institutions for Relief of the Distressed.
- Organize Rallies, Tournament and Cultural Festivals.
- Maintaining Body Building Clubs.
- Maintaining DNCC Libraries.
- Patronize Pioneer Football League.
- Execute and Undertake Rescue and Relief activities during Natural Disaster.
Md. Aminul Islam
Social Welfare & Cultural Officer (In Charge)
1st Floor, Banani Community Centre, Banani,
Functions Slum Development Wings
- Housing and shelter for the slum and squatter dwellers.
- Increasing the potable water supply for slum dwellers
- Improving sanitary conditions at slums
- Improving drainage systems at slums
- Providing 3-meter run of footpath for slums
- Improving street lighting at slums
- Improving the garbage disposal system at slums
- Providing pre-primary, grade-1 and 2, and non-formal education to urban slum dwellers
- Providing adult literacy courses
- Provision of Micro-Credit for Self-employment and income generation activities, based on their existing skills.