Main function of Accounts department is follows:
- Budget preparation.
- Financial management.
- Preparation and payment of salaries.
- Examination and payment of contractor/supplier bills.
- Payment of utility bills.
- Co-ordination among the department for Accounts and financial purpose.
Basically Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) is a non profitable organization. DNCC prepare budget under City Corporation Ordinance-2009, Section-76. Accounts department submitted consolidated Departmental estimated budget to Budget committee/ Finance and Establishment Standing Committee. Committee review and examine the estimated budget and forward to Honorable Mayor for approval. After approval Honorable Mayor sends the budget to special budget meeting of the Councilors. After discussion in the meeting the Councilors pass the budget. A copy of pass budget is forward to the Ministry of Local Government, Rural Development & Co-operatives (LGRD).
DNCC has prepared budget financial year basis (July-June). The main head of the DNCC budget are follows:
- Revenue income budget.
- Other income budget.
- Government & Foreign aided project/public private partnership budget.
- Revenue expenditure budget.
- Development expenditure budget.
- Other expenditure budget.
Accounts department keeps record the daily transition from the original source of document to the book of original entry and summarized in the basis for the preparation of financial statement.
An improved chart of Accounts is designed to attain uniformly in recording and summarizing transition and preparing financial statements and its adaptability to future computerization. DNCC Accounts department maintain chart of Accounts system manually. The chart of accounts are six grouped.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF MAIN WORKS IN ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT
A. Budget Section:
1. Preparation of Budget.
2. Control & monitoring of Budget by the requirements of the authority.
3. Maintain & payment employees group insurance.
4. Maintain & payment security of contractors.
5. Maintain & payment Electricity, Gas, Water and Telephone bill.
B. Salary Section:
1. Preparation & Payment of employees salary bill of DNCC.
2. Posting & Maintain of salaries establishment cheque register.
3. Preparation of statement of employees provident fund, income tax etc.
4. Posting all employees provident fund, individual account in PF register.
5. Payment & maintenance record of employees provident and gratuity.
C. Bill Section (Income & Expenditure):
1. Posting & Maintain daily transaction in books of original entry.
2. Examine (pre-audit) & payment all contractors/suppliers bill.
3. Maintain Income Tax and VAT register.
4. Maintain advance register and ledger.
5. Maintain of Project Account.
6. Keeping and maintenance record of DNCC fund.
7. Preparation financial statement.
|1.||Cash/Bank receipt book||
|2.||Cheque Disbursement book||
|Income tax & VAT register|
|3.||Individual project accounts cash book.||
|Establishment cheque register|
|4.||Journal voucher book/register||
|6.||Annual Receipt & Payment register||
ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE OF ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT
|1.||Chief Accounts Officer||1 person|
|2.||Deputy Chief Accounts Officer||1 person|
|3.||Accounts Officer||3 person|
|5.||Accounts Assistant||8 person|
|6.||Steno Typist||1 person|
|7.||Office Assistants-cum-Computer Typist||5 person|
Md. Amirul Islam
Chief Accounts Officer
2nd Floor, Banani Community Centre
Phone : 88-02-9854779
E-mail : email@example.com